II Reading comprehension
21. C ended his regin in embarrassment
22. A owing to their undoubted and respectable status
23. C the role of the nobility in modern democracy
24. D fails to adapt himsself to his future role
25. B Carlos, a lesson for all European Monarchies
26. B check suspect's phone contents without being authorized.
28.A getting into one's residence
29. D citizens' privacy is not effectively protected
30.B new technology requires reinterpretation of the constitution
31.B journals are strengthening their statistical checks
33. D set an example for other journals
34. C has room for further improvement
35.A science joins Push to screen statistics in papers
36. A the consequences of the current sorting mechanism
37. B more journalists may be found guilty of phone hacking
38. C was hardly convincing
39. A generally distorted values
40. C moral awareness matters in editing a newspaper
41.C if you are unfamiliar...
42.E you make further inferences...
43.D Rather ,we ascribe meanings to...
44.B factors such as...
45.A are we studying that ...
i am writing this letter to recommend you a fantastic book, Pride and Prejudice, that I have already read several times as I am planning to organize a club reading session.
The primary factors for my recommendation are as follows. For one thing, this book is very moving. It tells a wonderful love story between an arrogant man and a prejudiced lady. For another, it also features brilliant language of English, thanks to the talented author, Jane Austen.
I sincerely hope that you will love the book and look forward to discussing more with you later.
Here is a picture, interesting but with deep implication. As is vividly depicted in the photo, four persons are having dinner, which successfully captures our eyes. If we give it a closer watch, it is not difficult to find that they all focus on their phone and do not have communicate. Obviously, what the drawing has subtly conveyed should be given more concern.
What might account for this problem? Theoretically, several reasons may trigger the problem conveyed in the picture, but for my part, the following two are of utmost importance. On the top of the list is that people are dependent too much on their mobile to communicate and ignore the face-to-face communication. There is the other point that no one can ignore. It is widely admitted that the young men have been get used to this kind of “invisible communication”, which may make them feel safe. On other case can better illustrate what I have analyzed than the picture above.
According to the analysis above, it is advisable for us to take steps to reverse this evil trend. Of all the steps, to appeal to the media may be the most effective one, which can lead to the public to treat mobile phones in a reasonable way. Only in this way can we resolve this problem and embrace a bright future.